- Before you hit the update button to grab iOS 11 it’s worth checking which apps you’ll be consigning to the digital dustbin of history. All old 32-bit apps are incompatible which means a lot of content is going to reach the end of the road here… Read More
- Apple did not make the first personal computer, nor the first tablet computer, nor the first smartphone. Measuring it against what comes first is — to paraphrase Steve Jobs — a boneheaded way of looking at the company… Read More
- The home button is headed to the trash bin, if a report by Bloomberg is to be believed. According to the report, Apple is ditching the button to make room for a larger screen in one version of the next iPhone. Instead of a home button, users will perform actions using on-screen gesture controls involving a sort of dock of icons. If true this would be the biggest change in iPhone design since… Read More
- iOS 11, the next version of Apple’s mobile operating system, is quite the game-changer for iPad owners.
We wrote that the software effectively turns an iPad into a mobile computer through a number of new features that go beyond previous limits with a focus on multi-tasking.
The new iOS is currently in beta, but when it is released to all it will bring a very different experience to… Read More
- Apple’s third-quarter earnings are out and the company was quick to highlight its solid iPhone sales and burgeoning services segment. The big surprise, however, was the 15 percent year-over-year increase in iPad unit sales, which seems to contradict the dominating narrative that the company’s iPad segment was losing steam due to lengthier upgrade cycles. Read More
- Tito Hamze gives an in-depth review of the Sling Studio, a multi-camera production studio that turns your existing cameras wireless and makes your phones into cameras with the ability to control everything from an iPad as a switcher. It’s the most portable multi-cam setup I’ve ever used — and it’s awesome! Read More
- Apple has made great strides in health in the last few years, and if it gets its way, there will be an iPad in the hands of every hospital patient. It’s already started with a smattering of hospitals around the U.S., including Jacobs Medical Center at UC San Diego, MetroSouth Medical Center in Chicago and, about a year ago, at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles. Read More
- I’ve been playing with a beta version of iOS 11 on a 10.5-inch iPad Pro for the past few weeks. While the final version of iOS 11 is not coming until later this fall, Apple just launched the public beta. Here’s a preview of what you can expect. If you’re using an iPad, get ready to be disoriented by the update because the iPad simply doesn’t work the same way. Apple… Read More
- After playing with the new iPad Pro 10.5″ for a few days I am convinced that it’s fairly impossible to do a detailed review of it in its current state. Not because there is some sort of flaw, but instead because it was clearly designed too to bottom as an empty vessel in which to pour iOS 11. Read More
- Apple releases iOS 11 High Sierra, the iMac gets a hefty update and a pro model, new hardware — the HomePod speaker, Apple updates the iPad Pro, we get some new laptop specs and TechCrunch editor-in-chief Matthew Panzarino joins us to tell us his thoughts on everything. All this on Crunch Report. Read More